Tuesday, November 3, 2009

digital footprint

A digital footprint is the impression you put out on the internet of yourself. Everything you put out on the internet stays there for 7 years. I think you can start using your full name and picture when you're a freshman in high school cause that's when a lot of people get a Facebook. Anyone that's not comfortable with their looks can use an avatar all the time. No one is responsible for showing us how to be internet savvy. I think a lot of it is common sense, like we've heard all these stories about bad things happen to people who are not safe on the internet. If anyone, our parents should be responsible for teaching us. The information you include on profiles when you register depend on what kind of website it is.. If it is Facebook for example, you'd need your full name, age, e-mail, and networks. I think i have a good digital footprint :) All of the websites i have (Twitter, MySpace, and Facebook) are private so not everyone can see them. If they try to look at my profile they have to add me, so i can deny them if i want. I can't be found anywhere on the web, because all my stuff is private! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment